Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2008/03/free-css-navigation-menus-in-blogger.html#ixzz125DUQbgG

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Xbox Rewards: The Proof is in your Head

Have a look.

Soooooooooooooo... Free stuff. Free stuff is awesome and unlike my uninspiring experience with Playstation Network (Hey! Give us $50 and we'll let you download some games you don't want and some games you ALREADY OWN!), I am prone to spring into action whenever I hear someting is "free" on Xbox Live as I occasionally get something cool or weird.

This leads us to the recent bs parade Microsoft is drumming up but blanketing in ambiguity. The premise is that you are rewarded for PLAYING stuff after logging in to Xbox Live and doing stuff. Supposedly, your watching Netflix, playing demos, buying stuff and... doing... stuff, counts towards being deserving of points.

If I seem cynnical, that stems from the fact that I have almost 44k in achievement points and I have practically poured money into my Xbox until I recently found the love of Valve's Steam platform on my PC and their jaw-dropping, insanity sales. Even then, I'm looking at my Xbox right now and I've supposedly been a Rewards member since they announced it (I joined and everything) and I've even spent about $40 since signing up on Xbox Live DLC, Indie games and Arcade titles between my beating Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands & Force Unleashed 2.

I finally had a free weekend. I caught up.

MY POINT? Where the fuck are MY points? I've had Netflix stuff running constantly on this machine and I'm not showing a damn thing.  Some of my friends are like HEROES to this cause because they do NOTHING but spend money on crap for Xbox live and their accounts are active constantly, they play online all the time and their achievements are legion. Except for that one asshole, he know who he is.  Anyway, these guys aren't seeing anything yet either.

Maybe it'll correct itself, maybe we'll be swimming in points like Scrooge McDuck in actual money. But in the meantime I'm staring at a point score that's calling me a liar and makes me wonder why I'm bothering to fiddle with my console when I should be paying attention to the next Steam sale.

Now don't get me wrong, I fucking LOVE Xbox Live and I've grown to depend on it with surprising ease, but I should be seeing SOMETHING by now with all the crap I did. Even the immediate rewards aren't showing that they promised from their rewards site yet.

Get your shit together, Microsoft. Don't box-tease us, Steam will whip your asses in the fight for my time and money if you can't stick with your own agenda.

PS: I've been pumping time and money into my Xbox for years, where's my pre-existing account rewards? All you seem to be pushing are first-timers.

No comments:

Post a Comment